How to safely use private transportation during the COVID-19 pandemic
For people who use public transportation or ride-sharing services to get to and from work or run errands, the COVID-19 pandemic has created a dangerous situation. There have been cautions issued against using crowded subways and buses, and ride-sharing apps and taxis can’t guarantee that vehicles have been safely disinfected between passengers.
Private transportation services provide a safer alternative. With private transportation, you can reduce your exposure to other passengers. And because rides are scheduled, companies have time to sanitize car interiors between passengers. Here is what you need to know when hiring a car or shuttle during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Precautions to take when using private transportation services
Private transportation is undoubtedly safer than riding buses or subways or using car-sharing services like Lyft and Uber. Cars can be cleaned in between trips, and you’re not exposed to groups of other people while traveling. Even though it is a safer way to travel, there are some precautions you should take when using private transportation services to protect you and your driver from COVID-19. Precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) include:
- Wearing a mask during transport
- Sitting in the backseat of a car, or as far away from the driver or other passengers as possible in larger vehicles
- Being careful not to touch your face
- Offering to handle your own bags
- Avoiding carpooling
- Washing your hands as soon as possible after exiting the vehicle
- Staying home if you don’t feel well, if you have a fever or if you have other symptoms that could be COVID-19
How KD Elite is working to keep our passengers safe
KD Elite is offering essential transportation to passengers during this difficult time. As we do so, we are committed to doing all we can to keep our drivers and passengers safe and to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In addition to following CDC guidelines for transportation companies, we are:
- Screening all drivers for COVID-19 symptoms before they report to work each day
- Disinfecting the interiors of our vehicles between every trip
- Stocking our cars with hand sanitizer
- Limiting staff interaction by having all operation staff work from home
We understand that, for many people, leaving their homes for necessary tasks like doctor’s appointments and grocery shopping provides a fair amount of anxiety. Professional car services, like those offered by KD Elite, can help reduce your exposure to COVID-19 when you need to venture from your home. We’re dedicated to doing all we can to keep you safe. When you combine some common-sense safety measures with the precautions we’re taking with our staff and vehicles, you can run needed errands, make it to doctor’s appointments or head to work safely.